At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, organized and solutions-oriented individual who can thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment. Collaborative, approachable and with demonstrated writing and communications experience, you will play a pivotal role within the team and the business groups we support.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for executing marketing communications initiatives, across multiple channels. This position is ideally suited for an individual who is a passionate self-starter, with solid writing ability, effective time management and a strong commitment to quality and accuracy.
What will you do?
- Write clear, compelling and effective marketing copy, in plain language, for online and offline communication channels
- Support the planning and execution of communications initiatives for various channels — from needs assessment to distribution
- Collaboratively brainstorm creative concepts that align with market positioning of our products and services, and differentiates us from our competitors
- Coordinate reviews and partner with internal and external resources to develop and produce communications materials, as required
- Gather information and leverage research data in written materials, to effectively impact and influence target audiences
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of communications initiatives, and make recommendations that enhance Client experience
- Develop workback schedules for various projects, to ensure successful and timely execution of communications plans and activities
- Promote partnership, innovation and continuous improvement
- Other assigned duties
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Experience developing and executing complex communications strategies
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals, at different levels, and from various functional areas
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholder with competing priorities, under tight timelines, while remaining calm and resilient under pressure
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance changing requirements and priorities
- Self-motivated, with an ability to initiate and drive change in a positive and professional manner
- University degree in English, Business, Marketing or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in marketing communications, within a corporate or agency environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite